By accessing or using the Site, the User and the Company agree as follows:
- Internet Traffic Data. When the User’s computer connects to the Internet and to this Site, Internet traffic data is generated. This data alone is generally not sufficient to identify the User. The Company may collect, maintain, and process Internet traffic information including, but not limited to, the User’s IP address, the type and version of the User’s Internet browser, and the length of the User’s connection.
- Safeguarding of Data. The Company maintains safeguards to protect any information collected through the Site against unauthorized disclosure, use, or alteration. However, it is important to note that in general any information transferred over the Internet may potentially be accessed and abused by unauthorized parties.
- Data Retention. The Company will only retain such data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including to satisfy any legal reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period, the Company considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data, the potential harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of such data, and the applicable legal requirements. The Company will endeavor to retain any such data for the shortest time reasonably possible. The Company will endeavor to erase or anonymize such data when it is no longer substantially needed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the User has the right to request access to, erasure of, or restriction of processed data, as well as the categories of data collected, the source of such information, the use of such information, and whether or not such information was disclosed to third parties. The User will not be discriminated against by the Company in connection with the exercise of any such rights.
- No Rights of Third Parties. This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personally-identifiable information. Further, the Company does not intend to transfer data to any foreign country outside of the United States or other international organizations.
- Contact Information. The Company welcomes your comments and concerns regarding this Policy and use of the Site. The Company will endeavor to analyze, investigate and resolve any such comments or concerns, even if the Company does not respond to you directly. The data controller for any personal data processed from the Site is the Company itself. Please address any comments or concerns to the Company at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governing Law. This Policy is governed and shall be construed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Choice of Forum. Any party commencing against any other party any legal proceeding (including, without limitation, any tort claim) arising out of, relating to, or concerning this Policy shall bring that proceeding in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or in the courts of Fairfax County, Virginia. Each party hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts for the purposes of any such proceeding and waives any claim that any legal proceeding brought in accordance with this Section 9 has been brought in an inconvenient forum or that the venue of that proceeding is improper.
- Amendment of this Policy. The Company reserve the right to revise, modify, and amend this Policy at any time, in its sole discretion, by posting any such revised, modified, or amended Policy on the Site. Such revisions, modifications, or amendments will be effective on the date of publication on this Site. Each time the User accesses or uses this Site, he or she must review and abide by the then-current version of this Policy.