- Cookies. To improve the Site, the Company may use “cookies” to customize the information presented to the User. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by the User’s browser on the User’s computer’s hard drive or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Our cookies may contain information such as the User’s Site preferences. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but the User can configure the User’s browser to prevent cookies from being stored on the User’s computer. Some features of this Site may not function properly unless the User’s configure the User’s browser to accept cookies.
- Retaining Cookies. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they exist only while your website browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “permanent cookies,” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed and can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you later reopen your browser and browse the Internet again.
- Sharing of Information. The Company may share information gathered through cookies with advertising or analytic service partners, such as Google Analytics, which may combine such information with other information that the User has provided to them or that they have been able to collect from your use of their services. These performance cookies collect information on how users interact with the Site, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. The Company uses these details to improve how the Site functions and to understand how users interact with it. Sites hosted on WordPress.com make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from LinkedIn and Youtube. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties and used by them to track your online activity. The Company has no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
- Types of Cookies. The Company uses analytics to gather information about use of the Site in order to understand how visitors interact with the Site and the performance of the Site. These analytics allow the Company to create a better visitor experience by presenting the User with content tailored to your interests. These cookies include cookies set by Google Analytics and by WordPress.org.
- Contact Information. The Company welcomes your comments and concerns regarding this Policy. The Company will endeavor to analyze, investigate and resolve any such comments or concerns. The data controller for any personal data processed from the Site is the Company itself. Please address any comments or concerns to the Company at the following address: email@example.com.
- Governing Law. This Policy is governed and shall be construed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Choice of Forum. Any party commencing against any other party any legal proceeding (including, without limitation, any tort claim) arising out of, relating to, or concerning this Policy shall bring that proceeding in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or in the courts of Fairfax County, Virginia. Each party hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts for the purposes of any such proceeding and waives any claim that any legal proceeding brought in accordance with this Section 9 has been brought in an inconvenient forum or that the venue of that proceeding is improper.
- Amendment of this Policy. The Company reserve the right to revise, modify, and amend this Policy at any time, in its sole discretion, by posting any such revised, modified, or amended Policy on the Site. Such revisions, modifications, or amendments will be effective on the date of publication on this Site. Each time the User accesses or uses this Site, he or she must review and abide by the then-current version of this Policy.