Gall Zeidler Consultants (GZ) is currently seeking a Structural Engineer for Underground Structures and Tunnels to join our team in New York City. This position entails assisting senior engineers and project teams with structural engineering for the planning, design, rehabilitation, and construction phase support for underground structures and tunnels. Qualified candidates will obtain experience with underground projects involving sequential excavation method (SEM), cut-and-cover and TBM construction. The position includes the preparation of technical memoranda and reports, project specification and design criteria, assistance with proposal development, and communicating with coworkers and clients.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering with a specialty in structural engineering.
- Experience with structural steel design and reinforced concrete design.
- Knowledge of structural codes, guidelines and standards.
- Ability to efficiently perform structural calculations and analysis using computer programs.
- Capable to develop schematics or drawings for the implementation into a design package
- Oversee the develop of design drawings and assist in the preparation of technical specifications from conceptual design through final design.
- Review of Construction Phase submittals and shop drawings.
- Field work including construction and structural inspection.
- Strong report writing skills, preparation of technical reports, memoranda and proposals.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and work on-site.
Apply via Email
- Minimum 5-10 years of professional experience in the Underground or Tunnel Engineering fields.
- Experience in the design and construction of underground structures including initial and final lining of tunnels, support of excavation and structural permanent works for underground facilities.
- Experience with waterproofing designs
- Experience with the design of cast-in-place permanent works and TBM precast concrete segmental tunnel linings design in hard rock and soft ground.
- Experience with structural modifications and rehabilitation of existing underground structures.
- Ability to perform Building Damage Assessment due to adjacent or underground ground construction.
- Experience with geotechnical and structural instrumentation for underground works.