Gall Zeidler Consultants (GZ) is currently seeking a Senior Inspector for the inspection of Underground Structures and Tunnels for the US. This position entails work at the Owner’s Project Office or field offices primarily inspecting transit, highway, sewer and water main tunnel construction projects. This position will involve inspection work on both new tunnel construction and tunnel rehabilitation. Qualified candidates will have experience with underground projects involving sequential excavation method (SEM), cut-and-cover and TBM construction. The position requires physical fitness necessary to make field visits and inspections of on-going construction including tunneling under various field conditions.
- Experience in the inspection of underground structures including initial and final lining of tunnels, support of excavation and structural permanent works for underground facilities.
- Experience with underground construction inspection.
- Experience with rehabilitation grouting of underground structures.
- Knowledge of structural codes, guidelines and standards.
- Capable to develop schematics or drawings for the implementation into a design package
- Oversee the development of design drawings and assist in the preparation of technical specifications from conceptual design through final design.
- Experience in the review of submittals and shop drawings.
- Strong report writing skills, preparation of technical reports and memoranda.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and work on-site.
Apply via Email
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering with a specialty in structural engineering.
- Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience in the Underground or Tunnel Engineering fields.
- Ability to perform Building Damage Assessment due to adjacent or underground ground construction.
- Experience with geotechnical and structural instrumentation for underground works.
- OSHA Training Certification
- FHWA National Tunnel Inspection Certification